Grid positions one and two for Audi at Silverstone
- Benoît Tréluyer claims pole position
- Allan McNish only one hundredths of a second behind
- Unsettled weather causes tricky conditions
Perfect qualifying result in England: Despite the difficult weather conditions Audi secured the fastest time in qualifying for the fourth time this season in the FIA World Endurance Championship WEC. Audi remains unbeaten in qualifying in the first half of the season after Benoît Tréluyer took pole position in the Audi R18 e-tron quattro at Silverstone. Both Audi R18 sports cars start from the front row on Sunday (August 26, 12:00).
Following the exciting battle between the concepts the Audi hybrid car defended its unbeaten run: at the second race of the season at Spa as well as at the 24 Hours of Le Mans the Audi R18 e-tron quattro remained unbeaten in all three qualifying sessions. It was the first fastest time of the season for Benoît Tréluyer.
Qualifying at Silverstone rounded off a perfect qualifying Saturday for Audi. Roughly two hours before, the brand clinched the first five grid positions at the DTM race at Zandvoort.
1. Fässler/Lotterer/Tréluyer (Audi R18 e-tron quattro) 1m 43.663s
2. Kristensen/McNish (Audi R18 ultra) 1m 43.673s
3. Wurz/Lapierre/Nakajima (Toyota) 1m 44.411s
4. Leventis/Watts/Kane (HPD-Honda) 1m 46.160s
5. Prost/Jani (Lola-Toyota) 1m 46.207s
6. Belicchi/Primat (Lola-Toyota) 1m 46.234s
7. Brabham/Chandhok/Dumbreck (HPD-Honda) 1m 46.758s
8. Ordonez/Brundle/Brundle (Zytek-Nissan) 1m 49.964s
9. Potolicchio/Dalziel/Sarrazin (HPD-Honda) 1m 49.997s
10. Martin/Charouz/Graves (Oreca-Nissan) 1m 50.129s
– End –